School-based flu vaccine programs are one of the most effective ways to prevent flu in the whole community. For the 2017–2018 season, Shoo the Flu provided free flu vaccines to over 8,800 students and school staff at 95 Oakland-area schools. But we’re not stopping there. We are already looking ahead toward the 2018–2019 program to ensure even more students get vaccinated.
It’s our goal to work with the greater healthcare community to prevent and protect against the dangers of flu for us all. Only nurses or supervised nursing students vaccinate students. All participating students receive a Parent Notification Form and all vaccinations, with permission, are recorded in 加州免疫登记处（CAIR）.
- School-based vaccination clinics (we call them Flu Vaccine Days) are scheduled for October or as soon as the vaccine is available.
- 流感疫苗计划是完全自愿的。 家长/监护人同意，将需要为所有学生。
- 有关的信息类型的更多信息，我们一起分享和向学生收取，请找知情同意书 这里.
- 有些学生在9岁时可能需要针对流感充分保护第二剂量。 我们将他们引导到他们的常规医疗服务提供者需要接受第二剂。
- 接种疫苗后，学生除了得到一份记录有它记录在 加州免疫登记处（CAIR）与家长/监护人的许可。
- Health insurance information is collected as insurers may help pay the cost of immunizations administered by Shoo the Flu, but there is no cost to students or their families.
The nurses vaccinating students will determine if a student is eligible for vaccination based on parent/guardian responses to the consent form medical questions. The nurses will take great care to ensure each student receives the vaccine best suited to his or her needs. The type of vaccine students receive will be based on their medical history and vaccine supply. National recommendationswill indicate the type of vaccine that will be offered at Shoo the Flu participating schools.
For more information on preventing influenza, please visit:
或 给我们发电子邮件 带着疑问。